Academic integrity is a set of ethical principles and statutory rules that should guide the participants in the educational process during training, teaching and conducting scientific (creative) activities in order to ensure confidence in learning outcomes and / or scientific (creative) achievements.
In Ukrainian law, copyright and intellectual property protection are guaranteed by the Constitution, the Code of Administrative Offenses, the Civil Code, the Criminal Code, and the Law on Copyright and Related Rights. In 2017, in Art. 42 of the Law "On Education" officially introduced the term "academic integrity" and defined the basic principles of its observance.
Basic principles of academic integrity:
- diligence, independence in learning;
- responsibility for one's own actions and honest assessment;
- tolerance of other people's opinions, mutual respect and support;
- decent and moral behavior during the educational process and outside it.
Why is this important?
- provides confidence in learning outcomes;
- involves the acquisition of their own knowledge and development of their own abilities;
- provides an honest entrance to the university, and then - a good job;
- now the world is globalized: to study abroad, you must adhere to the principles of academic integrity.
Check for "ANTIPLAGIAT"
To check all types of work for signs of academic plagiarism must precede all other review procedures: carried out using software and hardware that allow you to generate a report on the results of the inspection to establish the presence or absence of textual and illustrative borrowings. The University uses only those programs with developers, owners, whose representatives have entered into an agreement or granted permission to use those created at the University.
Regulations on the academic integrity of research and teaching staff and students of the State University "LSMU"