KOMAREVTSEV VITALIY MYKOLAYOVYCH
Chairman of the Commission,
Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor
The Scientific Expert Commission is a permanent body of the scientific part of the university for the coordination and expert evaluation of planned research and dissertations at the university, as well as for expert evaluation and planning of dissertations. The Scientific Planning Commission consists of leading scientists, professors and associate professors - specialists in medical and biological profile, clinical medicine, pharmacy and humanities.
on the Scientific and Expert Commission of
Luhansk State Medical University
(approved by the Rector on October 2, 2015)
The main tasks and functions of the scientific-planning commission:
1. Development and coordination of fundamental and most relevant applied research at the university, in particular R & D by state order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine.
2. Development, on behalf of the Rector's Office, proposals for optimizing the scientific human resources of the university.
3. Development and coordination of complex scientific research with other higher educational institutions and research institutes of Ukraine and foreign countries.
4. Reviewing and approving monographs for their printing.
5. Reviewing at the stage of planning and approval of topics of departmental research works.
6. Reviewing at the stage of planning and approval of topics of doctoral and candidate dissertations, as well as bringing in line with the requirements of the SAC of Ukraine documentation for their planning.
7. Annual inspection of dissertations by graduate students, doctoral students and applicants of departments (according to the schedule of the scientific part).
8. Assistance to applicants for dissertations in bringing the primary scientific documentation in line with the requirements of the SAC of Ukraine.
9. Assistance to the scientific part and applicants in conducting public approbations and preliminary defenses of candidate and doctoral dissertations.
10. Timely correction of forms of current and reporting scientific documentation in accordance with the requirements of the SAC of Ukraine.
The order of work of the commission:
1. Meetings of the scientific-planning commission are held monthly.
2. Authors of monographs, executors of dissertation and scientific departmental researches are heard at meetings of the scientific-planning commission, and also reviews of monographs, subjects of doctoral and candidate dissertations and documents to them, and also subjects of departmental research works and documents to them which presented by the executors to the secretary of the commission one week before the meeting.
3. At meetings of the scientific-planning commission the annual check of performance of dissertation works by post-graduate students, doctoral students and applicants of chairs is regularly carried out (according to the schedule of a scientific part).
4. At the meetings of the scientific-planning commission the preliminary check of the primary documentation of dissertation researches is regularly carried out and its conformity to requirements of SAC of Ukraine is analyzed.
5. Meetings of the scientific-planning commission are held under the direction of the chairman, the secretary keeps the minutes of the meeting and ensures the preservation in electronic version of comments and suggestions on the topic of the dissertation and its documentation.
6. The complete set of documentation for planning the dissertation (1 copy) and a certificate of a positive decision of the Ukrainian professional problem commission for ten years is stored in the scientific part of the university or in the archives of the university.
The order of passing documents for planning dissertations
The quality of teaching the main provisions of the planned research work is the main basic criterion for its further successful implementation. Only sufficiently completed research work, including: outlining the problem, a complete analysis of publications and search and testing of methods that will be used, give hope that the work will have some scientific results.
The scientific result is considered to be new knowledge obtained in the process of scientific research and recorded and published. The scientific result has three components: scientific novelty, reliability and practical significance of the obtained results.
The analysis of these issues should be set out in the documents submitted for R & D planning.
At the first stage it is necessary to outline the scientific problem that will be solved. Thus, a doctoral dissertation must contain scientific provisions and scientifically substantiated results in a particular field of science that solve an important scientific or scientific-applied problem and for which the applicant is a subject of copyright. The candidate's dissertation must contain new scientifically substantiated results of research conducted by the applicant, which solve a specific scientific problem that is essential for a particular field of science. Success at this stage is achieved by detailed analysis of publications and selection of adequate methods.
With the consent of the supervisor (consultant), the applicant receives a search task in the patent office.
The degree seeker (graduate student, doctoral student) reports at the departmental meeting on the performed research, the department meeting approves the topic of the dissertation and provides a recommendation for planning at the research and planning commission of the university.
The electronic version of the prepared documents is submitted for editing to the chairman of the scientific-planning commission of LugSMU.
Three printed copies of the set of edited documents (in Ukrainian) and a CD with documents and a presentation are submitted to the secretary of the scientific-expert commission of LugSMU one week before the meeting of the scientific-expert commission.
The applicant, in the presence of the supervisor (consultant), with a multimedia presentation reports to the scientific-planning commission the main provisions of the dissertation, answers questions from members of the commission. The scientific-planning commission either approves the topic and documentation of the dissertation, or recommends finalizing the documents (title of the dissertation, temcard or other documents). For any decision of the scientific-planning commission, one set of documents remains with the secretary of the scientific-planning commission.
After approval of the topic of the dissertation and documents at the scientific-expert commission, the applicant receives a certificate from the secretary of the scientific-expert commission.
After approval of the topic of the dissertation by the Academic Council of the University, the executor receives a certificate from the Scientific Secretary of the University Council signed by the Academic Secretary of the Council and the Rector of the University for submission to the Specialized Council for the dissertation.